Tuesday 30 October 2012

Zucchini and Feta Muffins


I made these for mothers group this morning and had requests for the recipe so I thought they must be good enough to share! I have been experimenting with gluten free flours in the last few weeks but I am still perfecting the recipes so I didn't want to risk it on the day. I instead used wholemeal flour - feel free to substitute for the flour of your choice :)


Ingredients

3/4 cup organic wholemeal flour
1/4 cup organic plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
2 organic free range eggs
115ml virgin olive oil
175g grated organic zucchini
115g crumbed feta
1 1/2 Tbsp grated organic lemon zest
  • Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and grease a muffin tin (I use coconut oil)
  • Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl
  • In a large mixing bowl add the eggs and oil and whisk until smooth
  • Stir the zucchini, feta and lemon zest into the wet ingredients
  • Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
  • Spoon into the muffin tin so they are about 3/4 full
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and they bounce back when you push the top
  • Remove from the oven and sit the muffins in the tin for 5mins
  • Remove and cool on a rack
Serve them fresh for best results, however they do last for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge or you can also freeze them and they will last a couple of months.

Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment