Thursday 27 September 2012

Egg Free French Toast

I have had to start eliminating animal proteins from my diet for health reasons and its been sad saying goodbye to some of my favourite meals. I then decided why not make it an adventure and find new foods that are just as yummy if not better! So here is what I had for breakfast today, and it was delicious!

Vegan French Toast


Ingredients
1TBS coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
A handful of berries - I used mulberries 
Pure organic maple syrup (don't substitute for golden syrup it doesn't have the same health benefits, you could use raw honey aswell)
2 pieces of bread

  • Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until it is liquid
  • Put your bread in the frying pan
  • Leave for a couple of minutes until you get your perfect shade of golden
  • Flip and cook the other side.
  • Serve on a plate with cinnamon, berries and maple syrup
Enjoy!

Do you have a favourite vegan breakfast ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment