Thursday 13 December 2012

Mixed Quinoa Salad


My beautiful mother in law bought this salad to a family house warming a few weeks back and it was amazing! It was so good I had to steal the recipe to make for my mum while I am back in New Zealand. I have made a couple of adjustments to the original but you can too to suit your own taste or in season vegetables. Why not add it to your list of dishes for Christmas Day!

Ingredients (Serves 6)

Dressing
1TBS dijon mustard
4 TBS red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil

Salad
2 cups mixed quinoa
6 radishes diced
1/2 yellow capsicum diced
1 large tomato
3/4 cup goats cheese feta
3 TBS capers
2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
  • Cook the quinoa according to the instructions here
  • Prepare the remaining salad ingredients and place in your salad bowel
  • Beat the dressing ingredients in a bowel together until they emulsify
  • Pour the dressing over the salad and mix together.
  • Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment